Thursday, April 21, 2016

It's All Personal

Trust me, I am very much aware of how ridiculous it is for a 62 year old woman to get upset about a celebrity dying. I'm not one of those National Enquirer aficionados who knows what stars are wearing and what they eat for breakfast. I am aware, however,  of what certain artists are doing and their contributions to the popular culture. The artist formerly known as Prince crashed into the 80s as I was starting my design career, proof to me that one did not have to be ordinary to excel, and that doing it was enough of a reason to do it. His music videos were strange and wonderful, and I will never, ever see the color purple without thinking Purple Rain.

https://youtu.be/F8BMm6Jn6oU

What does such a radical artist have to do with anyone in Maine? Aside from the media availability, there were rumors quite a few years ago that Prince's wardrobe mistress was living in Starks. Maybe she attended a show at Harry Brown's Farm? Don't know if that's true, or how she got there if the rumor's true, but the idea always pleased me that someone who dressed the maestro roamed around in my sometimes neighborhood.

Rest in Peace, sweet Prince. You will be remembered fondly......

No comments:

Post a Comment