Saturday, October 1, 2016

Other colors



Blame Dan Hankle for this one!

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/turmeric-carrot-black-pepper-soup-fights-inflammation-cancer.html?t=ET

Saturday is Farmers' Market day where I presently live, and I knew when Dan posted this recipe that my arthritic'd body would appreciate it, it having told me that "turmeric is good!" frequently in the past. Of course I changed some things- Goranson's has totally amazing carrot varieties, so it wasn't just the plain old orange ones that I cooked for this soup.
I also added a beet-and its greens- though it's a golden beet, not the usual red kind
I also added a piece of fresh turmeric, peeled, to the pot.
The vegetables all cooked, I whirred them in my Bullet (the hand held blender has long since bit the dust) and I ended up with something that resembled pea soup, rather than carrot colored.
         But no matter! It was delicious! I moved it out of vegan fare by adding a dollop of sour cream and sprinkling the top with a mix of chopped dill and cilantro. Those two smells in the car on the way home from the market told me that the combination would be heavenly, and it was!
It's a good thing I took a photo when I first ladeled it out, because there is none left now....

1 comment: